Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Stash Enhancement 2017: OMG I GOT WHAT FOR HOW MUCH?!

Happy Saturday :)  Today's post is brought to you by "I just couldn't resist and had to have it" and "I'm getting that for a song and dance."

Firstly and foremostly, this lovely skein, which I picked up via Instagram from Skein Cocaine (she does an online Instagram "shop update" twice every week):


Biscotte & Cie Bis-Sock in the Leaky Cauldron colorway. They had a booth at Stitches West and I regretted not picking up at least one of the Harry Potter themed colorways so when I saw this one pop up a couple weeks ago, I hopped on it. Oops.

And speaking of Instagram, Carrie was destashing via Instagram. She put things into lots and did it that way. My lot had five full skeins of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock, two partials (one is almost a full skein), and she threw in a bag and a book. And I got it for a damn song. A regular skein of BMFA STR is going to run you about $27/skein (per the BMFA website). So, for less than what I would have paid for two skeins, I got all that and it included shipping.



Yeah, this is what came in the box. Here are some close-ups:


Mediumweight in Deep Unrelenting Gray


Mediumweight in Pining 4 Ewe


Lightweight in Rare Gems (which appears to be non-repeatable, various, one of a kind type of yarn but I might be wrong).


Mediumweight in Porcini


Mediumweight or Lightweight, unknown colorway (I have it listed as Lightweight)


Mediumweight or Lightweight, unknown colorway (it's probably from the Multicolor Wave group); this may or may not be a full skein (I haven't weighed it yet).


Mediumweight or Lightweight, unknown colorway (could be Orange Red Clover Honey, Poupon, Gourdy, or Going for Gold or.......something).

In addition to all the yarny goodness, she sent me a bag from Loop.


All the yarn and the book in the next photo are currently hanging out in this bag.


And and and and and, this is a signed copy.

Did I mention Carrie is a rockstar?


Also, I got a backordered skein of Knit Picks Brava Worsted in black but it's just black yarn and I haven't photographed it yet. And I may or may not be expecting a skein of sock yarn from England....we'll talk about that when it gets here.



Anyway, I hope you're having a lovely Saturday :)

1 comment:

  1. oooh, gorgeous haul!! I love Bicotte & Cie, and look at all those lovely yarns! Great haul.

    ReplyDelete