Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Merry Month of May Goals!

Happy May Day! As it's the first of the month, I shall entertain you with my monthly goals :) But first, we need to revisit April's goals....

Fibery Goals
1. Work on the following (and maybe finish something!): Snape's StockingsWinkVanilla Latte SocksIce Socks, and Mirkwood
2. Pick a new fiber to spin.
3. Partake in a fibery endeavor at least 4x/week.
4. Yarn Diet (Clubs don't count).
5. Design work.
6. Clean out the yarn closet.
7. Anything else that comes along.

Well.......Snape's Stockings and the Vanilla Latte Socks have been finished. Wink has had a little action here and there. The Ice Socks and Mirkwood have both been frogged. I may make Mirkwood someday but the Ice Socks are going to be reimagined into something else. We'll see what I come up with. 

I've been working with a blend of Finn & Suffolk that I bought in a destash almost two years ago. In fact, I've spun over half of it (I'm on my second bobbin). My original plan was to ply it with the purple merino & silk I spun a few months ago...but it's very sticky and it's telling me that it wants to be it's own project, meaning I'm going to ply it on itself as a two-ply. Eventually.

Fibery endeavors are waxing and waning lately. This past week has been particularly rough because I wasn't feeling any of the projects I did have going...so, I started a couple more. We're also not going to talk about the yarn diet because it's not been going well. If you go through my blog over the last month, I have a few non-club stash enhancements. ::sigh::

I mentioned a few new projects: Pacific Waves Hat, and another Pacific Waves Hat, both of which have been started and finished; a CashSilk Fern Scarf, a Gex sweater (which is a test knit), a Creeper hat, and a Bridal Shower Lace dishcloth. Oops. Whatever, I needed to do some new things :)


Non-Fibery Goals

1. Reorganize in Stormageddon's room
2. Clean the buffet.
3. Clean the mantle/fireplace.
4. Gym and/or some other form of exercise.
5. Work on the weight loss shit (woo).
6. Keep up on the (new) bullet journal.
7. Work on recipe journal(s).

Stormageddon's room is still in need of some attention. The buffet, mantle, and the fireplace have all had some attention (the buffet could use some more but, you know, small steps). The gym...well, spring break and sick children kind of messed up a few things but it's okay. It means my weight loss has been stalled a bit but I've come to terms with it and I'm okay. The bullet journal is great and the recipe journal is not. Oh well. 


But now we need NEW GOALS!

Fibery Goals
1. Work on the following (and maybe finish something): Wink, the CashSilk Fern Scarf, the Gex sweater, a Creeper hat, and a Bridal Shower Lace dishcloth.
2. Finish spinning the Finn & Suffolk blend, maybe get things plied and wonderful.
3. Partake in a fibery endeavor at least 4x/week.
4. Yarn Diet (Clubs don't count).
5. Design work.
6. Clean out the yarn closet.
7. Anything else that comes along.

Non-Fibery Goals
1. Reorganize in Stormageddon's room.
2. Clean the buffet.
3. Go through the pantry & cupboards.
4. Gym and/or some other form of exercise.
5. Work on the weight loss shit (woo).
6. Keep up on the (new) bullet journal.
7. Work on recipe journal(s).




I hope you have a Merry Month of May :)

No comments:

Post a Comment