Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, November 16, 2015

Mid-Month Goals: November 2015

Happy mid-November!

Yes, I realize I probably should have posted this yesterday but we were busy with the Color Run 5K in San Francisco and with my Year of Projects post, I didn't want things getting too cluttered. So, it can post today and all will be well.

Let's revisit my November Goals :)

FIBERY GOALS
1. Work on the following (and maybe finish one or two of): Snape's StockingsWinkDragon's Egg SocksPacific ShawlFire & Ice (Fire) SocksLittle Man's Hat, and Bunny.

I've finished Little Man's Hat and I've just started the heel flap on the second of my Fire Socks. I'm also on the second border repeat for my Pacific Shawl. Not too bad but there are things to be done...

2. Spin some more of that purple merino/silk blend.

Everything is carded and into little puni rolags but I've not spun much of it.

3. Try to partake in a fibery endeavor every day.

I keep trying but failing. Or, rather, it's not always possible for whatever reason. Lately, I've just been too tired.

4. Get back on the Yarn Diet Train (club yarns, of course, do not count).

Let's just skip over this one (I bought 2 skeins of Cascade Venizia Worsted last week and two project bags and I signed up for the Erin Lane Bags club for 2016 - but that's the only club I'm doing next year).

5. Work on Ice Socks design (tweak the chart, figure out what I want to do, etc.).

I've not done anything with the chart other than glance at it but I have an idea what I want to do...I'll just need to test and swatch and so on.

6. Anything else that tickles my fibery fancy (starting a new project, destashing, book destashing, organizing, etc.).

I've probably done things but nothing is sticking out right now.


NON-FIBERY GOALS
1. Reorganize in Stormageddon's room.

Nope.

2. Make Little Man's board for school (birthday board).

Done!

3. Drink more water.

I'm trying and it's going okay but some days I'll forget and others I will go overboard. It's a work in progress.

4. Try to go to the gym at least 2x/week or some other method of exercise.

Trying. Not necessarily succeeding but trying.

5. Start working on Christmas presents (wrapping, ordering, etc.), and wrap Little Man's birthday presents.

Little Man's birthday presents were wrapped and he's received them. I started gathering things for Christmas. I have my bestie's birthday present, I have part of her Christmas present, I know what I'm getting her two kids (but I haven't physically acquired them yet), and a few things for the boys...

6. Keep working on the weight loss shit (thank you, Lose It app for doing the math and such for me).

Working working working......

7. Keep up on the pseudo bullet journal thingie I'm doing.

Trying but it's not perfect.

8. Read something that is in the form of a book.

Hahahahahaha!

9. Work on my recipe journal.

Nope. Not yet.




Could November be going better? Of course. Is it horrible that I've accomplished almost nothing on my list? Nope. But I could be doing better....room for improvement, and all.

I hope you're having a lovely Monday :)

4 comments:

  1. I hope you are nice and toasty today after yesterday's rain in the run. I had a neighbor who drove up w/her daughter to meet up w/a co-worker, etc. They were exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain had let up before we left the house, which was fantastic. It is definitely not an event that you do for speed because it takes forever to start and then you have hundreds of people going along with you. The biggest problems involved going through AT&T Park (people stopping to take selfies all along the way and it's not very wide where we were walking and the rain left some major puddles, which I just plowed through), then along the Embarcadero, which was fine until you got to the places where the colors were being thrown....then you contended with people actually rolling around on the ground.....but it was still fun :) Little Man was a total rockstar and Stormageddon actually slept through part of it.

      Delete
  2. I love that you put your goals out there! It really makes me feel a bit better for knowing I'm not the only one not achieving all the things I want to do on a weekly/monthly basis. Did I miss a post about your recipe journal? What are your plans for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe journal.....I need to get going on that. I have all these loose recipes that I've got from magazines or printed off websites, all my mom's and grandmother's recipes on index cards or pulled from magazines and so on... I want something in a book form where I don't necessarily have to organize things by pre-determined categories. So, I'm bullet journaling my way through the piles. I have an index at the front, I write the recipes down, and when I need something, I can just look in the index. I don't know if it's going to work but something needs to be done :)

      Delete