Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Y4: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #38

Hello! Happy Sunday :) Let's get moving...

Finished Objects (FOs):  
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014  
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015

9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015 (pattern is live and can be purchased via Ravelry)
12. Traveling Vines Socks (pattern for publication): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure Friday, October 18, 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015
16. Baby Hat: started June 19, 2015; finished June 27, 2015
17. Homework for Alana Dakos Class: started July 1, 2015; finished July 5, 2015
18. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014; finished July 28, 2015
19. Sacrificial Goat #6: started August 23, 2015; finished September 1, 2015
20. Petty Harbour Socks: started July 29, 2015; finished September 5, 2015

While I've not finished anything new, there have been some changes to the list. For #11, I've added the location where you can purchase my Stitch's Rock Collection of Hats (via Ravelry), as it's been available for a few months now. For #12, the reveal has happened (you can read about it here). The short version is that I've officially been published for one of my designs (as in someone paid me to write a pattern).


That leaves me with all of this in the WIP section....

Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Wink: started January 5, 2015
5. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
6. Little Man's Hat: started July 8, 2015
7. Bunny: started September 8, 2015
8. Lattice Hat: started September 10, 2015

I've probably spent the most time on the Lattice Hat this past week. I'm into the second pattern repeat and will probably have it finished by next week. We'll see what happens. Maybe I will, maybe I won't...


This isn't the greatest photo because the color is all wrong (it's got a slight greenish hue and is....well, it's hand dyed so there's some variegation going on)....but you can see the hat. The needles are US #3 but there are a lot of stitches on that 16" needle.

I also spent some time on Stormageddon's bunny. I've finished the body and have started the head. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the head was finished sometime today. If I can just sit and work on it, it goes pretty quickly.

Little Man's hat saw some action earlier in the week but I put it down in favor of the Lattice Hat.


Yes, I'm aware that this looks like a green blob of inappropriateness (and it's damn funny) but I wanted you to see where I was hiding the cable work. It's in there, I promise. I've already decided there are a couple things I'd need to change in order for me to be happier with it but I'm not going to rip it back because I'm lazy. Little Man won't care and I can always make another one.

Um.........my Fire Socks are just working down to the toe right now. I did spend part of Thursday afternoon working on them but I feel like I didn't make squat for progress.


Yeah, I'm still planning on submitting this so you're not going to see anything :) Sorry. I was thinking about getting a submission together for Knitscene Magazine but I'd rather have a completed prototype before I go submitting it (so they can just use those, rather than having to rush through and make mistakes on another pair or part of one). So.......sorry, no real photos, not sorry :)

That's about everything that saw action this week.......


In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...

Children's Items
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
5. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
6. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
7. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
8. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
9. Moe the Mustache Monster (for Stormageddon - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
10. Another Goat (for Little Man - worsted in white/cream, and brown)

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)

Secret Sock Club Bags (Pick a bag at "random")
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)

New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie

Because I love Husband and/or My Children
1. Sacrificial Goat #7 (for Little Man)
2. Sacrificial Goat #8 (for Stormageddon)

Christmas Presents
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks (done, see FO #12)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret Sock Club Bag section)
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats



In the "Real World: San Francisco" news......

Stormageddon got his first ear infection. Little Man brought home a(nother) cold from school, which isn't unusual. Stormageddon and Mama got it. Unfortunately, Stormageddon's decided to settle in his ears, causing a nasty ear infection. He was so cranky last Monday morning......so so so cranky. And then he was falling asleep randomly (in the stroller on the way home from dropping Little Man off at school, to and from Target, though he was fine in between, and then in my arms because God forbid I put him down!)....and then the fever started......so, I took him in to see the doctor and I had to practically pin him down so she could look. His left ear was leaking crap so he's had his first antibiotic (and aside from more frequent pooping, he's done very well). He was so much better on Tuesday but, of course, he's still on the antibiotic until the middle of this week.


Poor baby, sleeping in Mama's arms the other morning.

Husband, as we suspected, just had food poisoning. He was absolutely miserable last weekend and didn't exactly get his strength back until Tuesday, and even then it was a bit touch-and-go. Unfortunately, now he might have strep......if it's not one thing, it's another.

Last Sunday, we went to a birthday party for a lovely little 2 year old girl (her mama and Husband used to work together). They had it at one of those kid gyms and Stormageddon had his first experience in a ball pit.


He, of course, loved it. But the real reason he wanted in there (aside from the pretty balls)....


Little Man loves ball pits, as well.

What else what else what else.....oh, I had to order a few things for Little Man. He wants to be Ultron for Halloween (as in Age of Ultron). He has that costume. Unfortunately, his classroom teachers don't want the kids wearing all the Disney/Super Hero costumes that kids want to wear as they say they're a distraction. Um, Halloween is a total distraction because, OMG COSTUMES!  CANDY! But, whatever. His teachers prefer that the kids wear costumes from nature (animals, plants, etc.) so Little Man was fine with it and decided he wanted to be a penguin for his school costume. But, I had to order it. He also needs a rain coat and probably rain boots. Off to the interwebs I go! I ordered both the coat and boots at least a size too large so he can wear them for more than five seconds and I'm praying to whatever (probably the Flying Spaghetti Monster) that the penguin costume fits as it was the only size available. It should fit but we'll see when it gets here....which probably won't be until early next week. ::sigh:: I just hope it fits so I don't have to return the damn thing.

Here are a couple more photos from this past week or so :)




This last photo of Stormageddon is 95% the fault of Carrie (irishgirlieknits). She came over for knitting goodness (Little Man was at school) and Stormageddon got hold of her measuring tape....which became a favorite play toy (until it broke further and I had to throw it out - sorry Carrie!).

Silly children.

Anyway, I hope you're having a lovely weekend :)

8 comments:

  1. That ball pit looks fun...bazinga! Great progress on lots of different projects looks like you've been busy and well done on the pattern releases and being paid for, always a bonus. Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Travelling Vine socks are fabulous! I need to find me that pattern and cast on!

    I DID laugh at the "Inappropriateness" although it was a relieved laugh just because I wasn't the only one whose mind went THERE!

    Cute pictures of the kids as always! Little Man's smile is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it helps, in either six months or a year (I need to check my contract), the rights revert back to me and I can sell the pattern myself.....but I'll need to pretty it before then.

      I suppose I need to find a graphic designer/tech editor. ::sigh::

      Delete
  3. Great news on the pattern front! Your projects look gorgeous and it looks like lots of fun was had before the infection, hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have great projects bags for your WIPs. I'm glad there was some fun despite nasty ear infections from those dang preschool germs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos. And I really like that Lattice hat. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. look how big your boys are getting! So adorable. and I love the lace on your lattice stitch hat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects and I love the lattice hat.

    Glad the ear infection is improving - it's so awful when the little ones are poorly. :(

    ReplyDelete