Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, August 7, 2015

FO Friday: Let's Travel!

Happy Friday :)  I eluded to an upcoming FO Friday post and, well, it's Friday...

Traveling Socks (link to Project Page)

Pattern: None other than the short row heel tutorial from Silver's Sock Class

Time Frame: started December 23, 2014; finished July 28, 2015

Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in Time Traveler (not two full balls....)

Needles: US #1.5 (2.5 mm) circulars (2 long circulars)

Size: 72 sts

Modification(s): Since there's really no pattern, I can't say there are any modifications....the only thing I did that others probably wouldn't do were a couple extra decreases after I did the heel, so it fit a bit better.

Thoughts: I think I made a little whoops when I used US #1.5 needles...they're a little loose. I think if I had used US #1 needles, they would be fine. Also, the cuff needs to be a bit longer but I'm not that fussed about it. This was a total experiment in short row heels. I've never really done them for my socks but I wanted the stripes to behave so I tried them. I'm not overly impressed but that may be in part because I made them a little too deep. No big deal. They're just for me. As you can see, the stripes don't match, other than being the same order every time. And that freakish thing that happened with the heels where I don't have random teeny-tiny stripe after the heel....totally 100% not planned. It just happened that way. Don't ask me to replicate it because I'm pretty sure there's no way it'll happen. I'm still trying to figure out how I managed to make it happen twice for these socks...

Oh, and here's a photo of my feet in the socks (and seriously, do you know how hard it is to take a photo of your own feet without small children getting in the way?!)...



I hope you're all having a lovely Friday :)

2 comments:

  1. These fit you wonderfully. Thanks for the thorough advice. I will elevate better today. Took IB for the discomfort. I hope I won't have to see a doc in the end and will be better by Sunday. Cross your fingers for me. My girls start school on the 26th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strips are perfectly unmatched. Love them. I'm saving leftover Gina yarn balls to make a pair of socks. They won't even have the same order of strips. Perfectly imperfect - assuming I make them correctly.

    Great socks!

    ReplyDelete