Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Y4: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #24

Happy Sunday! Let's get to the work so we can play :)

Finished Objects (FOs):  
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014  
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015

9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015
12. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure in October 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015

I started and finished two dishcloths this week. Only the one has a project page, however. The other is just a plain dishcloth (the most common one hanging on sinks everywhere). I did have some trouble with the Elvish Leaves Dishcloth but only because I didn't read. I was knitting along toward the end and discovered I was a stitch short. I figured it was probably a missed YO but I couldn't find it by looking so I had to tink back two rows and was just getting into the third row when I found said missed YO. I put it in and moved right along. I was more worried that I had dropped a stitch but, thankfully, that wasn't the case. An FO Friday post happened for both the Baby Hat and the Elvish Leaves Dishcloth this past Friday. Bonus? Cute baby wearing the hat...and I'm not just saying that because he's mine.

Oh fine...have a photo :)




Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
5. Wink: started January 5, 2015
6. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015

Now that I've finished up some projects, I've been working on some of these WIPs.

I pulled out Wink, which I will admit that I'm not that far along on. I'm almost finished with the left collar, which means I'm almost ready to pick up stitches along the edge and start knitting the body, which will probably take me forever and a day but, whatever, it'll be fine. I'm working on it and that means progress and progress is good :)

I also worked a bit on my Traveling Socks. I took some Mama Time on Thursday while Husband was working from home, Stormageddon was napping, and Little Man was otherwise occupied...I went to the yarn shop, bought a new skein of yarn (oops) and sat down and worked on my socks for about an hour...which isn't a ton of time but I got some work in and that's important.

And then, on Friday afternoon, while Stormageddon was napping, I pulled out my Fire Socks and worked on them! I only got a couple rounds in but, like I've been saying: progress is progress!


In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...

Children's Items
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Alvin (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Alvin (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
6. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
7. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
8. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
9. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
10. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
11. Moe the Mustache Monster (for...someone - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)

Secret Sock Club Bags (Pick a bag at "random")
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)

Because I love Husband
1. The Dude

New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie

Christmas Presents
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret Sock Club Bag section)
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats


Soooooooo, there's that.


Tomorrow, probably, will be my mid-month June Goals update, which should be entertaining....or maybe not. I don't know. We'll see how things go.


Husband got back on Monday evening so my Solo Parent time was finished. It was obvious the boys missed Daddy because they were very interested in seeing him. Actually, Little Man was still awake when he got home.

We started Little Man on a chore chart, of sorts, so he can start earning an allowance. He's constantly asking us to buy him this game (on the iPad) or buy him that toy....so now, he can buy it himself. He has a chance for $5/week for completing the following chores: cleaning the living room/front room (of his toys, shoes, and things like that), cleaning his bedroom and keeping it clean, helping me with laundry, helping me with dishes, and not throwing tantrums at the drop of a hat. We started on Wednesday and he earned $4 (he threw a couple of pretty epic tantrums this week). We'll see how his first full week goes. I'm just so tired of the tantrums and him asking me every five seconds to buy him something.

Stormageddon loves to pull himself up in the pack-n-play and his crib...and the couch...and anything he can do it on, really. He's also started to cruse around in the pack-n-play and crib. If he keeps this up, he'll be walking before September.




And then there's this kid......what am I going to do with him?! And yes, I have Recess: Taking the Fifth Grade on in the background. I loved that show when I was younger (and by "younger," I mean 24). 



Oh, and Husband brought back some gifts from Wisconsin (other than beer). I got a t-shirt, and the boys are basically sharing their presents because, well, yeah...



Every child should have a cheese head hat.


This was the only photo I took of him yesterday where he was looking at the camera...not that I took a lot of photos of him but, seriously, ONE?!

Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday and weekend and such :)

5 comments:

  1. Always a hooray when Daddy comes home from a business trip. Impressed to read how Little Man is starting chores. The baby started folding laundry in preschool after her teacher said she got her niece doing that. I love it when my girls help clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat and,yes, you are biased, but he is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah, the boys look adorable. And yes, cheese hats, ABSOLUTELY! I heard a trick on the radio the other day for the little ones constantly asking for things bought for them - say "Okay, we'll put it on the list", pull out your phone, snap a picture and then review the week's photos at allowance time. Might work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby hat is so cute!! And fun gifts from Wisconsin, I don't think I could have resisted buying the cheese hat, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome hat!
    Adorable little boys... I am sure you hear that a lot ;)

    ReplyDelete