Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, June 15, 2015

June Goals: Mid-Month Update

Hello and happy Monday (or not, whatever your pleasure)!

It's the middle of June (WHAT?!), which means I'm going to revisit my June Goals :) In case you don't want to go back and look, I've copied them directly with some commentary :) So, let's break things down a bit and see how I stand for the month.

FIBERY GOALS:
1. Work on the following: Traveling SocksSnape's StockingsWinkDragon's Egg SocksPacific ShawlFire & Ice (Fire) Socks, and Sacrificial Goat #5.

I'm kind of proud of myself here. I've worked on several things. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the leg on my second Traveling Sock, which means I've worked on them. I think I did half a pattern repeat on Snape's Stockings, which means I'm about 3/4" closer to the toe decreases. I've pulled out Wink and I'm almost to the point where I pick up stitches and start the big task of knitting the body of my sweater. I've done a few rounds here and there on my Fire Socks. I started and finished the Sacrificial Goat #5.

2. Spin some green merino on Viktor (he's feeling a bit neglected).

Viktor has had some minor attention. I did pull out some green merino and spin for maybe 15 minutes the other day....but nothing substantial. Oh well.

3. Try to partake in a fibery endeavor every day.

While I am trying, it's not always possible. But, I'm trying and that's good.

4. Continue the Yarn Diet (club yarns don't count).

I was doing really well with this until Thursday when I went into my LYS (Nine Rubies) and picked up a skein of Hedgehog Fibers Sock. Oops. But, only one skein of yarn since, at least, Stitches West in February? That's not bad!

5. Anything else that tickles my fibery fancy (starting a new project, destashing, book destashing, organizing, etc.).

I've had my fibery fancy tickled. I started and finished three projects that weren't on my goals list. I made a baby hat out of some yarn I was gifted in the last Claudio Sanchez swap in LSG and I made two dishcloths. The hat can be found here. The dishcloth can be found here. I didn't make a project page for the one dishcloth because it's just one of those regular Grandma's Favorite. The FO Friday post about those two projects can be found here. I also sold a skein of yarn from my destash :) 


NON-FIBERY GOALS
1.General house unf**king (including Stormageddon's, Little Man's, and our bedrooms).

Admittedly, I'm not doing as well with this as I had hoped but I've done a few random things here and there. I went through a bunch of paperwork and now I have a huge pile of stuff to shred and I cleaned off the buffet. It's small progress but it's still progress. 

2. Drink more water.

I'm trying to make a conscious effort but sometimes, I forget. One day I'll do pretty well and the next couple, I'll forget. 

3. Hit the gym at least twice a week.

Let's just keep moving along, shall we?

4. Work on figuring out my grandfather's photo albums from the 1930s (writing down information about the photographs, photographing the photographs via digital camera, etc.).

I have done some of this. I feel awful because there are so many unidentified people but I sent a couple photos to a distant cousin of mine (one of his paternal great-grandmothers is one of my maternal great-great grandmothers - his grandmother was from her second marriage while my great-grandfather was from her first marriage). He's going to show his father, as well, but he was able to help me identify a couple people, specifically his grandmother and one of his great-aunts, which helped me further identify another by process of elimination. 

5. Keep working on the weight loss shit (thank you, Lose It app for doing the math and shit for me).

According to the app, I'm down 17.2 lbs since February 10, 2015...but I was already losing weight before then. From the time Stormageddon was born in September 2014, I'm down 25.2 lbs., which is an average of about 2.5 lbs./month...which isn't bad, if you ask me. 

6. Keep up on the pseudo bullet journal thingie I'm doing.

Honestly, I'm not doing horribly with this. I've been pretty good about keeping up with what's going on and writing things down and making lists and taking care of things on the list and.......so, yeah. 




Overall, I'm not doing horribly for June....my Non-Fibery Goals may need a little work but, really, not too bad for this month.

I'll be back with Goals in July :) Happy knitting......or not knitting. Whatever :)

1 comment: