Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Y4: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #18

Happy Sunday :)

I'm running a little late this morning as we were gone all day yesterday up to Santa Rosa for a day out of the city. One of Husband's coworkers has a......weekend house (in addition to their actual house in San Francisco). Actual yard, fruit trees, and a heated pool...yeah. It was Stormageddon's first time in a pool and he was a total rockstar. He absolutely loved being in the pool. He learned to splash and he drove his boat like a boss.

But, enough about that for right now.....

Finished Objects (FOs):  
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014  
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015

9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015
12. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015

No new FOs to discuss...which I'm perfectly fine with and, quite frankly, I don't expect to finish anything for awhile.

Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
5. Wink: started January 5, 2015
6. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015

I'm going to be perfectly honest here. I don't think I did any knitting, save for a scant couple rounds on my Traveling Socks or my Fire & Ice socks at all this week. My knitting mojo has gone up and mojoed off to Bob knows where. I hope to find it soon...

We shall see...

In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...

Children's Items
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Alvin (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Alvin (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
6. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
7. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
8. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
9. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
10. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
11. Moe the Mustache Monster (for...someone - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)

Secret Sock Club Bags (Pick a bag at random)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)

Because I love Husband
1. The Dude

New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie

Christmas Presents
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret Sock Club Bag section)
5. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) (see FOs #4 & #8 & #10 above)
6. Paradiddle Collection of Hats

I've got a lot of things left that I want to do :) 





In "real life" (that thing that happens when I'm not in front of my laptop).....

Stormageddon is officially 8 months old (as of yesterday). He cannot sit up on his own yet but he can army crawl, roll quite eloquently, and do this half-sitting-butt-scoot. He's adorable. I think I'll keep him. 



I had to move his jumper up a notch and I think I need to do it again, actually. He's getting so big already!

His brother, on the other hand, is still a booger. I signed him up for 4-5 year old soccer for this summer. He's shown an interest so I'm just going to run with it. We'll see how that goes. He also got another haircut this week. 



He was starting to get his curls around his neck and ears again. Husband was also due for a haircut so they both got one yesterday morning. 


Anyway, I don't have much else to discuss at this point. Perhaps I'll pop in later this week, after I find the card reader for the camera. I have pictures of Stormageddon in the pool and Little Man's new haircut, and maybe I'll do a WIP Wednesday....who knows. 

I hope you're all having a lovely week and such :)

2 comments:

  1. Little Man is growing up into a boy and losing that toddlerness. He will love soccer. What boy doesn't like to run around and kick a ball? Stormmaggedon is so trippy in his physical development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh... I want a weekend house.... or friends who like to share ;-D The kiddos are getting big quick!

    ReplyDelete