Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Y3: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #34

Happy Sunday :)

I'm cautiously optimistic that the sickness is finally going away. I still have a bit of a random cough but it's nothing consistent at this point...and I'm not taking the cough medicine with codeine (but I am still doing Benadryl)...so, keep your fingers crossed and such :)

But, we're not here to talk about that. We're here because it's Sunday and it's time for my Self-Imposed Year of Projects update. 

Fnished Objects (FOs)   
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014     
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014   
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014  
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014  
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014 
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
7. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
8. Traveling Vines Socks: started May 31, 2013; finished March 3, 2014
9. Babbeh Hat: started March 3, 2014; finished March 6, 2014
10. Hurricane Hat: started April 22, 2014; finished May 15, 2014
11. Hoo Hat: started May 19, 2014; finished May 20, 2014
12. Hoo Hat: started May 20, 2014; finished May 21, 2014
13. Stormageddon's Stripey Hat: started May 22, 2014; finished May 23, 2014
14.  Greyson: started May 29, 2014; finished June 17, 2014
15. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started July 20, 2014; finished July 25, 2014  
 
16. Oreo Socks: started March 8, 2014; finished August 5, 2014  
17. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started August 8, 2014; finished August 12, 2014  
18. Sacrificial Goat: started July 27, 2014; finished August 16, 2014
19. Swirl Hat: started August 5, 2014; finished August 20, 2014 

I finished up the Swirl Hat this week. I honestly thought it was going to take a bit longer but, apparently, I was on another finishing kick. I wrote about both the hat and the goat this past Friday :) There's not much else to say about either of them that I didn't say on Friday...so you can and should go check that post out (it also includes the first of the Sacrificial Goats). I also managed to "finish" Little Man's baby blanket. I needed to weave in ends and give it a wash. It wasn't even dry before he declared it his and stole it away. Silly boy. He's been carrying it around here and there. I'm pretty sure he likes it :)

Works-In-Progress (WIPs)
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Baby Stormageddon
3. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
4. Swatch for The Dude: started July 16, 2014

5. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014

Let's start with Stormageddon. He's still in there. He's still punching me. He's still making me want to spend a lot of time in the bathroom. I spent some time this past week cleaning his room. The new curtains are up, the crib is decorated, clothes are washed and put away, blankets are washed and put away, the room has been vacuumed, the rocking chair has been moved into the room...the only problem is that there is a corner with a bookshelf and a lot of boxes/bins that are in dire need of new homes...and we don't really have a lot of places we can put things. ::sigh:: I'm going to have to further purge all the things. Again. Some more. Wish me luck and if I don't emerge, send reinforcements!

Other than that, I spent some time on my Pacific Shawl on Friday. I'm still working toward my lace edging...I have awhile. I only worked a couple rows in the first place...but every row counts! I also worked a few rows on my swatch for the Dude Sweater. I like how the fabric is turning out so I don't intend to mess with it too much or block it too aggressively...but I still have quite a bit left to go. And then I went and started a new project. It wasn't on my YOP list and it wasn't exactly a Secret Sock Club Bag either. I pulled the yarn out of a bag that I have internally labeled "ready to go" yarn (meaning I don't have to haul out the ball winder and swift; I can just start a project)...and then I went through my Ravelry Queue and found a suitable pattern. In this case, it's Snape's Stockings. I'm working on the first pattern repeat of the first sock. The yarn is quite lovely...I just hope it holds up as it's a 50/50 superwash merino/tencel blend. We shall see. I hope that because I'm knitting it at a tight enough gauge that it will last well. I'm also not horribly mean to my handknit socks. That should help.

Anyway, my remaining lists look like this:

Children's Items
1. Elefante
2. Nottingham
3. Shaun
4. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
5. Smaug Hat

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
4. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
5. Weeping Angel Socks *
6. Stormont
7. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *

* I'll probably only pick one of these but, you know, choices and all...

 Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...but, honestly, nah...)

Designs
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time



I had hoped to have photos of my WIPs but I just haven't gotten around to it. I suppose if I had gotten up early yesterday morning, I could have gotten it done....but I like to sleep :) So, no photos today. Sorry. Sue me. Maybe next week...

I hope you've all had a lovely week and a fabulous weekend :)

10 comments:

  1. Are you okay? Were you affected by the quake? Waiting to hear....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are okay. We were literally shaken awake around 3:22am. The whole house shook but no damage, nothing fell off the walls or off shelves, I'm not even sure if Little Man woke up (I don't think he did). Scared the crap out of me, though.

      We're about 44 miles south of the epicenter, though. Up by Napa, it's pretty messy.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You were on a roll this week! Must be that "nesting" instinct as you weren't even feeling well. I love the goat and the hat is too sweet in those colors....love! The Dud sweater looks very complicated....good luck. Congrats on cleaning and organizing and purging....I need role models for that. LOL! The socks are really cool looking. I can't wait to see what yarn you're using. I hope you feel better and have a good week. Did the earthquake affect you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got to experience our first major quake. I woke up to the entire house shaking around 3:22am, thought Husband was shaking the bed (and vice verse). No damage or anything like that.

      Delete
  3. Glad you are okay..you're the only one I know in the area....my uncle is down in San Diego....


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stefanie from Knitspiring Odyssey is from around here, as is Carrie of IrishGirlieKnits... :) I haven't heard from either of them though I assume they're okay.

      Delete
  4. So glad you are all okay and that the sickness is moving off with itself as well. We don't mind no pictures, sleep will be a rare commodity in a little while for a short time so grab all now I say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a productive week. Glad to hear that the cold is finally shifting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, can't wait to click on the links of each one of your projects. I will treat myself tonight.

    Glad you are safe from the shaking earth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the nesting. The nursery sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete