Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Y3: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #30

Happy Sunday :) Happy Year of Projects update day :)

For those of you that may have wandered in on Tuesday and saw lovely stash enhancement, thank you. I've not added to it quite yet but I think I have a couple skeins of hand dyed yarny goodness coming within the next week or so. But it's not here yet so there's no point in talking about it.

What we can talk about....

Fnished Objects (FOs)   
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014     
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014   
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014  
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014  
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014 
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
7. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
8. Traveling Vines Socks: started May 31, 2013; finished March 3, 2014
9. Babbeh Hat: started March 3, 2014; finished March 6, 2014
 
10. Hurricane Hat: started April 22, 2014; finished May 15, 2014
11. Hoo Hat: started May 19, 2014; finished May 20, 2014
12. Hoo Hat: started May 20, 2014; finished May 21, 2014
13. Stormageddon's Stripey Hat: started May 22, 2014; finished May 23, 2014
 

14.  Greyson: started May 29, 2014; finished June 17, 2014

15. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started July 20, 2014; finished July 25, 2014

Oh, hey, lookit there...I went and started and finished a whole project this week! I expect I'll have a proper update about it this coming Friday :) But, if you're curious, you can click on the link and look at my project page. 

  Works-In-Progress (WIPs)
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Oreo Socks: started March 8, 2014
3. Baby Stormageddon

4.
Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014

5. Swatch for The Dude: started July 16, 2014


Let's be honest. Most of my knitting time this week was spent working on the mittens. However, I did finish up the gusset decreases on both the Oreo Sock and the Dragon's Egg Sock. So, that's something, at least. I may have worked a couple rows of the swatch, also...but a row takes forever because it's 1x1 ribbing and that's boring. So, not much work was done on that. 

Baby Stormageddon is still in there. Lots of moving and shaking but nothing else is going on yet. Let's keep it that way for at least a few more weeks! 

I've also figured out what my next project(s) is going to be. Husband asked me to make little goat toys. Something to do with work...they want to have them for sacrifices or something, you know, to appease the Gods. They also plan to have a bit of wood hanging up so they can knock on wood. Husband and his coworkers are a bit odd. So, they want little sacrificial goats. I've decided on this little goat and I've dug out some yarn and I'll go from there. I just need to sit and make them. They don't appear to be difficult, aside from all the seaming and attaching of appendages. ::sigh:: Least favorite part of toys...we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, my remaining lists look like this:

Children's Items
1. Swirl Hat
2. Elefante
3. Nottingham
4. Shaun
5. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
6. Smaug Hat

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
4. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
5. Weeping Angel Socks *
6. Stormont
7. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *

* I'll probably only pick one of these but, you know, choices and all...


 Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...but, honestly, nah...)

Designs
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag

6. Anything else that comes along at the right time





In "real life" events....there's not been much happening. It's been rather warm in our neck of the San Francisco Bay Area. By my Wisconsin standards, it's not hot...hot is when it gets to be 90°F and above. But, in Wisconsin, it's commonplace to have central air. That means that when it gets above 75°F, the AC is turned on. Houses don't get warm because the central air will take care of it. Where we live, on the peninsula, central air is practically unheard of. Hell, little room air conditioners or window air conditioners are practically unheard of. Sooooo, the temperature has been hanging around between 80°F-88°F and while that's not exactly hot, when you don't have a place to cool off, it's horrible. We have had the room air conditioner going, the window air conditioner going, the fans going, windows and shades shut....it was still 79°F in the house on Friday. Luckily, we have our ghettotastic pool in the backyard and that's given us some relief this week...but it's not always enough. On Friday, I tossed Little Man into a tub with colder-than-lukewarm water, just to cool him off. He was happy so that helped. He had been a grumpy sourbug up until that point. I wasn't exactly thrilled, either. I don't do well in heat normally and then you throw in me being almost 32 weeks pregnant...I'm sure I wasn't pleasant to be around this past week. I hope it starts cooling off soon!

Anyway, I hope you've all had a lovely week and all that :) 

Drumming at a birthday party

Mama, I appreciate your Signature DPNs...

Superheros? Yeah, I like 'em.

11 comments:

  1. That is unique... Sacrificial goats? LOL. Little Man is getting so big. He's losing that babyness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is such a little boy! ....except when he wakes up in the middle of the night, screaming and crying :(

      Delete
  2. I like the goats - I feel a little sorry for them!! I hope they don't suffer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The goats are too sweet for slaughter... I might have to start a campaign... LOL! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The goats are too sweet for slaughter... I might have to start a campaign... LOL! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was prepared to feel sorry for the goats, but after clicking the link I think they look kinda evil and may deserve their fate! Mittens? In July? In 80-88° temps? You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mittens were small and quick. It wasn't too horrible to work on them at night after the house had cooled off a bit.

      Delete
  6. On no! The goats! I made a goat once for a wedding.....mittens, huh? More power to you in this heat.....can't wait to see them on Friday....

    ReplyDelete
  7. The goats completely stole the show! I was thinking up to that point oh cool a pair of mittens in a week and even more work on the socks and then you mentioned sacrificial goats and I was like whoa! Looked them up, very cute btw, and can't wait to see them done up! Little man is getting so big and the heat makes everyone grumpy add into that being 32 weeks pregnant and well I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Allegria is stunning. Allegria is some of my favourite yarn! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh golly, I hope it cools down for you - no fun being pregnant in the heat. Good luck with the goats.

    ReplyDelete