Happy Sunday afternoon from sunny California :)
We went camping this weekend so that's why I'm posting so late. It could be worse, I suppose...I could just skip things.
Anyway, let's get right to it...
Finished Objects (FOs)
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
7. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
8. Traveling Vines Socks: started May 31, 2013; finished March 3, 2014
9. Babbeh Hat: started March 3, 2014; finished March 6, 2014
Nothing new to see here...not that this should be surprising.
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Oreo Socks: started March 8, 2014
4. Hurricane Hat: started April 22, 2014
I talked about it briefly on Wednesday but I started a new project (finally). I was sick of working on socks and I had a skein of the Cascade 220 Superwash in my bag with appropriate needles so I started a hat. No, the hat wasn't on my Self-Imposed Year of Projects list for this year, although it's been sitting in my Ravelry Queue since October 29, 2009...and it was free...and I had the appropriate yarn and needles...and I wanted something different to do............so, I started that. I'm probably sitting at around 1/3 finished right now. It's kind of nice because I don't have to keep track of the beginning of the round. I do have to count but it's only a ten stitch repeat over 81 stitches (which is how the swirl happens). I'm also almost to the toe decreases on the first of the Oreo Socks.
Baby Stormageddon is still in there, making his/her presence known. I had an appointment with my OB on Friday morning and we didn't have to search too much to find the heartbeat. That was helpful. Little Man was excited until he realized he wasn't going to get to see Stormageddon. He loves the ultrasound machine. Little weirdo.
Anyway, the rest of my lists look like this:
1. Mini Socks
2. Swirl Hat
4. Hoo Hat
5. Otis Baby Hat
8. Sea Turtle (need to purchase - $2)
10. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
12. Smaug Hat
13. Simple Newborn Hat
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember)
4. November Leaves (need to purchase - $5)
5. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
6. Weeping Angel Socks
8. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember)
Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one
at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can
go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...)
Sweater for Me
1. Ginny's Cardigan
2. I Heart Cardigans (need to purchase - $6CAN)
3. Moyen Age (need to purchase - $7)
4. Julissa (need to purchase - $6.50)
Shawl for Me
1. Pacific Shawl
2. See You in September
3. Boneyard Shawl
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time
At some point, I'm going to reassess my lists for things that I need, that are practical, and that I can actually do (which means that most of the "sweater for me" section is probably out since I'm going to be growing in all sorts of weird ways). We'll see if and when I actually get around to it. Hopefully soon but I need to get my energy back first...::sigh::
Also, here's a fun story from camping. After we ate dinner and we had our fire built, we asked Little Man if he wanted to go to bed. He was sitting in Husband's lap at the time. He looked up and said, "no, daddy, the lights are still on."
At one point in the middle of the night, he woke me up to tell me that I should go back to sleep because the lights were out.
And this morning he woke me up (around 6:15am, which is far too early for me) to tell me it was time to get up because the lights were back on.
Yes, these are the things my kid comes up with.
I hope you all had a lovely weekend :)