Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Wait, WHAT?!

Happy Wednesday :)

Wait, what? I'm posting on a Wednesday? I've done squat for WEEKS and I'm bothering to post on a WIP Wednesday?

Yeah. I thought it was time and I have time and photos so I'm doing things like posting on a WIP Wednesday. So, let's see the goods already!


This is the first of my Oreo Socks. I'm almost to the toe decreases...almost...I keep knitting on these and I feel like they just DON'T. GET. LONGER. ::sigh:: Soon, my precious, soon. I'm making it up as I go along. Basically, it's a vanilla sock over 72 sts with about 1-1/4" of 2x2 ribbing at the top. The heel flap is the Modified Eye of Partridge Heel from Hermione's Everyday Socks, done over 36 sts. I'm using the Rounder Heel from Heels by the Number, which gives you a bunch of different heel turn options, depending on what sort of shape you want. I, personally, like the Rounder Heel...but admittedly haven't tried all of them (and probably won't except to test them out). I'm also using the Double Gusset Heel Decrease that I've used before. These socks are on the short side (for me - which is really short for most people) but that's what I was going for. Oh, and just for fun, I'm using Zitron Trekking XXL in Mint Oreo :)


I started a hat yesterday. In this case, it's the Hurricane Hat. I'm not very far into it but, again, I did just start it yesterday. The pattern wants you to CO 81 sts and when you join, you're supposed to knit the last and first stitch of the round together to give you 80.....but I just CO 80 sts and went from there. I also didn't do the M1 in the correct place. I did it at the beginning of the round instead of at the end of the round. Not that it matters much. I also did a round of plain knitting before I started the spiral pattern. Whatever, it works. I'm using Cascade 220 Superwash in Moss Agate for this one (I had something like three skeins in my stash so I'm using them up). And no, this pattern was not on my Year of Projects list. Sue me.

Anyway, I'm linking up with Tami :)

2 comments:

  1. Fun color way for that sock. Reminds me of gardens with fancy iron gates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you're just a rebel, aren't you :D

    ReplyDelete