Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

WIP Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday!

It's been awhile since I participated in a WIP Wednesday but, you know, I'm not on any sort of schedule for that so I come and go as I please.

There's been a rather inconsistent ebb and flow to my knitting lately. There was a span of time where I was going days without knitting and then I'd go days where I spent too much time knitting...but it's that time of year where all the crazy things happen.

So, what's going on in my WIP Wednesday world?



First up are my Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts. I have the first one finished...except for the thumb (you can totally see my waste yarn on the second photo). I'm in the middle of the first pattern repeat on the second one. They are going to be fraternal twins but not hugely different. The thumbs may wind up different colors. We'll see. The yarn is Charles Self Striping Sock from Canon Hand Dyes in the "Christmas Zombie" colorway (which she currently has in stock).


This is the first of my Dragon's Egg Socks. I'm currently in the middle of the second chart. According to the size I'm making, I'm supposed to do three repeats of the second chart...but if I do that, the following will happen (in no particular order): they won't fit over my fat calves, the CO edge will be too tight (probably cutting off circulation), and they will be knee-high socks. Soooooo....I think I'm going to do just one of the second chart, check the fit/length, and probably move on from there. I'm using Stroll by Knit Picks in "Aurora Heather." It's not quite as bright as what's showing up in the photo but it was either too bright or the pattern didn't show up. 

There isn't much else going on around here. Just knitting and playing video games and more knitting and playing with Little Man and wrapping presents and running errands and more playing with Little Man and errands and.....you know, life. 

I hope you're having a lovely day. I shall link up with Tami :)

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog's new look. The zombie colorway is fun.

    ReplyDelete